I offer small businesses and startups SEO services in Jacksonville & Orange Park, Florida, built around the needs of each individual case. My unique background stems from my experience working in-house for a billion dollar e-commerce giant to freelancing as an independent contractor for multiple small businesses, as well as leading Search Engine Optimization campaigns for a nationally recognized healthcare company. I specialize in all things search engine related: Local and National SEO, Content Development, PageSpeed Insights Optimization, Copywriting, Conversion Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Technical SEO, Website Design, and Blog Development. I am comfortable working in most popular Content Management Systems like WordPress and AspDotNetStorefront. I even have experience working in several custom CMS and have the ability to optimize a custom built (non-CMS) website.
Local SEO: Because You Have To Start Somewhere
In 2017, in order to have a sustainable local customer base, you need to be visible in search locally. Much of the basic SEO principles will work in building your online digital presence, however, Local SEO is a completely different set of principles. Even if your big picture goals are set for a national presence, you generally need to dominate in local search before you can reach national customers.
If your SEO provider isn’t educated in the difference between National SEO and Local SEO, you could be missing out on crucial leads and potential customers.
Whether you are a new startup just getting your feet wet or you are a small business struggling to reach and develop your neighborhood customer base, contact me for Local SEO services. I will build your local SEO campaign on solid marketing strategies that I’ve learned from my own trials and tribulations. I will focus on the factors that truly matter to help your business create local visibility.
Local SEO is essentially the practice of putting the horse before the cart, in order to build a solid baseline which allows for growth over time.
The local SEO campaign I create for you includes:
- Keyword research to determine the demand in your market.
- Onsite optimization providing local signals to the search engines.
- Online citation development to establish accurate information across the web.
- Consult on other digital strategies to help promote your business.
- Local link building earning to expand your business presence.
Website Optimization: PageSpeed Insights
In the mobile age of the internet, website optimization and Google’s PageSpeed matters. The speed of your site is crucial to the success of your website. I have a basic understanding of PageSpeed Insights Optimization and can get your site running efficiently so that you can focus more on your content strategy, and not worry about the technical optimizations. Whether you are a developer that needs consultation for hardware recommendations or you are clueless with where to begin on optimizing your website for speed, I can help.
Note: My website is hosted on Arvixe, which has notoriously slow servers and performance and I’m using WordPress’s Twenty Seventeen theme, with several Cloudflare Apps installed. Here are some sample tests from my own website. I know that these aren’t optimal results, but they are realistically reachable with a basic level of work.
Pingdom Performance Summary
Past & Present SEO Clients or Employers
I have a unique mix of experience, from working for an agency, to freelancing, and to working for large national and international brands. Here are just a few of the brands I’ve done SEO for in the past (and present.)
Past SEO Achievements
Unfortunately, due to previous agreements with past employers, I cannot reveal the companies behind the results. I can, however, provide references in association with the data below for verification to prove that I was an integral part of each case.
The case studies I will share are anonymized and the information was collected from Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture.
SEO Case Study #1
- Assisted SEO Manager in experiencing approx. 20%+ increase in overall yearly natural search traffic and approx. 20%+ natural search revenue on a single site, year-over-year (YOY.)
- On the same site, I helped achieve several millions of high-quality / converting sessions from natural search traffic and over a quarter billion dollars in natural search revenue, all from SEO optimization and content creation.
- 8 months into my SEO career, I relieved the SEO Manager for over 2 months during our busiest season and became the primary SEO on the highest traffic/revenue site in our portfolio, resulting in continued positive YOY growth in natural search revenue and traffic for that period of time.
- The SEO department consistently generated over half of the revenue and traffic of the billion dollar organization my entire tenure at the company.
SEO Case Study #2
- Independently directed SEO campaigns to drive a 371% increase in natural search traffic, YOY in the first month of my contract, comparing to a hired marketing agency the prior year. After month three, the site saw 263% growth in natural search traffic and began to experience its first sales.
- With changes to on-page content and the rewriting of copy, the site experienced a 20% drop in bounce rate and an average duration increase of over 7:00 minutes on the site.
- Previously not ranking for any relevant keywords, in the first month I was able to get one high volume keyword and several long-tail keywords ranking within the first few pages. By the third month, these keywords were ranking on the first and second page.
- Increased traffic from Facebook 166.67% YOY; LinkedIn 136.84%; Twitter 3300%, and ∞% on Google+ and Pinterest, since there was no previous traffic from those platforms.
Organic Growth First Year At Lakeview Health
As the solo SEO Strategist at Lakeview Health, without any assistance from third party vendors, I have tripled the traffic in the first year of my employment.
If you are looking for a source for content development and creation, not only do I offer copywriting services, but I also offer video production services, audio production services, and photography. If you don’t even have a website, I offer web design services as well.
Research Your Next SEO Agency: Know The Red Flags
When you are looking for SEO services: buyer beware. In business, there are always going to be risks, but in the growing world of SEO and digital marketing services, agencies will take advantage of your lack of understanding. Knowing the common red flags of SEO agencies will reduce the risks you take when bolting on to your well-oiled marketing team. Below I outline some of the signs you should look for before committing to someone for SEO services:
- We Guarantee Rankings. Guarantees are nice, right? If a company offers you a guarantee, that makes the cost much easier to absorb. Well, I hate to break it to you, but a guarantee of SEO results are pointless in 2017. Actually, it’s been like this for a while, but most agencies were just worried about getting their next client, so they focused on promising guarantees. The truth is, SEO is getting harder and harder and most agencies have been too focused on keeping clients and not paying attention to the digital landscape in order to help their companies grow.
- Do You Even Know SEO, Bro? Many digital marketing agencies sell SEO services with nobody on staff that truly understands the practice of search engine optimization. I’ve witnessed web design companies try to convert sales by “adding SEO or PPC” to their list of offers. Ask for case studies and follow up with those companies to get a proper referral.
- We Won An Award You Dummy. Avoid SEO companies or freelancers that tout themselves as an award-winning digital marketing company… because they won an award that nobody has ever heard of… for marketing a company… that nobody has ever heard of. If you haven’t heard of the award, then it doesn’t matter.
- We Have XYZ Certifications. Certifications and degrees do not matter in the world of SEO. Take a moment to browse an SEO forum online and you will find that the majority of the most talented search engine marketers don’t even have a college degree, let alone a certification. Be wary of agencies that throw being a Google Partner or Google Adwords Certified in their sales pitch to you. Those are just vanity titles and the information is easily accessible to anyone. They simply do not hold weight to actual experience and results.
- We Understand Your Market. Many internet marketing experts will tell you that it is impossible to run a successful SEO campaign if you don’t have experience in the niche industry you are marketing. Don’t let vendors complicate SEO and digital marketing services just to fool you into a contract. While it is essential to understand the industry you are marketing, if a proper discovery & research is executed, this will be sufficient to learn any industry.
How can you expect to set yourself apart from the rest of your industry if the same person marketing your competitors is leading your campaign?
Vet your company carefully to ensure you choose a good SEO company for your business. Being careless or moving too fast only leads to disastrous results. SEO is all about slow growth, so no need to make a quick decision. Take your time.
Ready to Grow? Get In Touch.
SEO and digital marketing don’t have to be complicated. Regardless of your niche, I’m available for hire for your project or campaign. Please use the form below to get a quote on any of the digital marketing services I provide. My rates are fairly priced and I create custom packages that are designed to meet the unique needs of your business or project.